2016 MONEY MONOPOLY® Game at McDonald's® "Official Rules"
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS AND A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE ONLINE.
EACH WINNER (AND ANY MINOR WINNER'S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN FOR HIMSELF OR HERSELF AND ON BEHALF OF THE MINOR) MAY BE REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PRIZE FULFILLMENT PROCESS AND SIGN DOCUMENTATION, SUCH AS A RELEASE, AS MORE FULLY DETAILED BELOW.
BY PARTICIPATING, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR (DEFINED BELOW) FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES. AS MORE FULLY DETAILED BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT ALL DISPUTES ASSOCIATED WITH THE GAME (DEFINED BELOW) WILL BE DECIDED BY BINDING ARBITRATION (SEE RULE 14).
The "2016 MONEY MONOPOLY Game at McDonald's" consists of an in-restaurant game ("In-Restaurant Game") at participating McDonald's restaurants in the fifty
(50) United States, District of Columbia ("DC"), Guam and Saipan (together the "Territory") that begins on March 29, 2016, and ends on April 25, 2016, or
while supplies last ("In-Restaurant Game Play Period"); an online sweepstakes ("Online Sweepstakes") that begins at 12:00:00 a.m. ET on March 29, 2016, and
ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on May 9, 2016, and requires an Online Code found on most Game Stamps (see Rule 3). Void where prohibited. The In-Restaurant Game
and the Online Sweepstakes (collectively referred to as the "Game") are governed by these Official Rules.
The "Game Computer" is the official timekeeping device for the Game. Except as otherwise specifically stated in these Official Rules, all times mentioned in these Official Rules are Eastern Daylight Time ("ET"). A day is the 24-hour period beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. and ending that same day the following 11:59:59 p.m. (a "Day") and a week, for the purposes of Sweepstakes Entry, begins at 12:00:00 a.m. ET on Tuesday and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on Monday (a "Week").
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PLAY/TO WIN.
- Eligibility: The In-Restaurant Game (see Rule 4) is open only to individuals who are residents of the Territory. The Online Sweepstakes (see Rule 5), is open only to individuals who are residents of the Territory and who are thirteen (13) years of age or older on the Day of Online Registration (see Rule 5). Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to participate in the Game or the Online Sweepstakes: any person who on or after November 1, 2015, was or is (a) a McDonald's restaurant franchise owner, or a director, officer, employee, agent or independent contractor of a McDonald's franchise restaurant; (b) a director, officer, employee, agent of McDonald's USA, LLC, its parent company or their respective subsidiaries, affiliated companies or service agencies; (c) a director, officer, employee, agent or independent contractor of any entity engaged in the development, production or distribution of Game materials, or of any entities retained by Sponsor or its agencies to assist in any way with the administration or advertisement of the Game; (d) an immediate family member (defined as spouse, IRS-dependent, or biological, foster, in-law, adoptive or step- mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son) of, or who reside in the same household as, any person in any of the preceding categories.
- Agreement To Official Rules: The Game is conducted in the Territory by McDonald's USA, LLC (the "Sponsor"), and each person who plays the Game (each a "Participant"), and his or her parent or legal guardian if the Participant is an eligible Minor (see Rule 3C), unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding with respect to all aspects of the Game.
- To Be Eligible To Win: Winning any prize requires that the potential winner of the prize is, and remains, in compliance with these Official Rules. Until a potential winner is verified to be eligible and in compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winner is, and will remain, a potential prize winner, unless the potential winner is disqualified for not complying with the Official Rules and/or not being eligible to participate in the Game (see Rule 9 "Verification"). Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential winner who Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines is not permitted by law to receive a prize. Sponsor reserves the right to refrain from conducting any advertising or publicity associated with a winner for any reason.
- Participants With Disabilities: If you have a disability that you believe prevents you from participating in the Game, or you need assistance in redeeming a prize, contact (866) 375-0638 for assistance.
HOW TO OBTAIN A GAME PIECE, ONLINE CODE AND GAME BOARD.
Official 2016 MONEY MONOPOLY Game at McDonald's Game pieces (each, a "Game Piece") consist of two (2) Game stamps (each a "Game Stamp"), and each Game Stamp has a code. All Food Prize Game Stamps and Collect & Win Game Stamps have a unique alphanumeric code
(each an "Online Code"), which a Participant uses to enter the Online Sweepstakes (each an "Entry" or collectively the "Entries"). Instant Win Game Stamps (see Rule 4A) for cash prizes include a redemption code that can only be used to
redeem that prize at iwonatmcd.com (the "Online Redemption Site"), but cannot be used to enter the Online Sweepstakes. Game Pieces can be
obtained as follows, while supplies last: With Purchase, as detailed in Rule 3A, and Without Purchase, as detailed in Rule 3B. The methods for obtaining Game Pieces With Purchase and Without Purchase, as detailed in these Official Rules are the only
legitimate channels ("Legitimate Channels") for obtaining them. The purchase, sale, trading or barter of Game Pieces, Game Stamps or
Online Codes via online or live auctions, or any other method, do not constitute Legitimate Channels and are expressly prohibited. Obtain
an official game board ("Game Board") online at www.PlayatMcD.com ("Official Website"), or at participating McDonald's
restaurants while supplies last. A Game Board provides helpful information to play the Game, but is not required to participate in the Game.
- With Purchase: Get a Game Piece affixed to specially marked packaging (or a Game Piece card) by visiting a participating McDonald's restaurant in the Territory and purchasing one of the following food items (where available): Medium Fountain Drinks; Big Mac® Sandwich; Filet-O-Fish® Sandwich; 10-piece Chicken McNuggets®; Hash Browns; McMuffin® Sandwiches (excluding Sausage McMuffin® Sandwich), and Biscuit Sandwiches (excluding Sausage Biscuit Sandwich). Individuals who purchase specially marked packaging of 20-piece Chicken McNuggets® or Large Fries will receive a double Game Piece with four (4) Game Stamps. Where 20-piece Chicken McNuggets packaging is not available, Participants who order 20-piece Chicken McNuggets will receive two (2) 10-piece Chicken McNuggets, each with one (1) Game Piece. Some items may not be available at all participating McDonald's restaurants, and as the Game progresses, some participating McDonald's restaurants may run out of some forms of specially marked packaging with Game Pieces before others. When a McDonald's restaurant runs out of specially marked packaging with Game Pieces (or Game Piece cards), that specially marked packaging (or Game Piece cards) might not be resupplied.
- Without Purchase (alternate method of entry "AMOE"): A Participant can request a Game Piece without buying a food item, by mailing a legibly handwritten, self-addressed, stamped envelope ("SASE") with sufficient postage and a return address, including first and last name, street address, city, state and ZIP code to: 2016 MONEY MONOPOLY Game at McDonald's Game Piece Request, P.O. Box 49248, Strongsville, OH 44149-0248. DO NOT SEND ANY WINNING GAME STAMPS, COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS TO THIS ADDRESS. Two (2) Game Pieces will be mailed in response to each mail-in request that complies with the requirements of these Official Rules, while supplies last. Mail-in requests, including both outer envelope and SASE, must be handwritten. Outer envelope must include a return address in the upper left hand corner that matches the requestor's street address, and must be postmarked no sooner than March 15, 2016, and no later than April 25, 2016, and received by Sponsor no later than April 30, 2016. If the In-Restaurant Game is extended beyond April 25, 2016, these dates are subject to a corresponding extension. Requests from Vermont ("VT") residents that are postmarked in VT may omit return postage. Requests from VT residents that are postmarked outside of VT and omit return postage may be required to provide proof of VT residency to Sponsor's reasonable satisfaction before requests are fulfilled. Each request must be mailed in a separate stamped outer mailing envelope. Requests that are sent in business reply envelopes, that utilize address labels or stickers (for any address), that are photocopied, hand-stamped, computer-generated or otherwise mechanically or digitally produced or reproduced, that are not mailed in separate outer stamped mailing envelopes, or that otherwise fail to comply with these Official Rules, will NOT be honored, acknowledged or returned, and the persons submitting such requests will forfeit any corresponding postage and unused envelopes.
- Transfers: The transfer of Game Stamps by an ineligible person to an eligible person is strictly prohibited, except as follows: (a) a Participant who is under thirteen (13) years of age can transfer Game Stamps obtained through Legitimate Channels to an eligible parent/legal guardian for the purpose of entering the Online Code in the Online Sweepstakes; (b) a Participant who has not reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence ("Minor") must transfer Game Stamps to their parent/legal guardian to redeem a prize. Neither Sponsor nor any of the Game Entities (see Rule 10) shall be liable or responsible for any prize misredemption due in whole or in part to any prize redemption permitted hereunder. A potential winner may not transfer a prize or their Game Stamp(s) (except as detailed above) unless authorized in writing by Sponsor prior to transfer. Such authorization may be granted or withheld in Sponsor's sole discretion. Requests for transfer must be in writing and must be included in the redemption envelope with the potential Instant Win Game Stamp, Collect & Win Game Stamps or other Prize Claim Documents subject to verification (see Rule 9) as applicable.
HOW TO PLAY THE IN-RESTAURANT GAME.
Obtain a Game Piece and carefully peel each Game Stamp from its backing, or from the specially marked packaging to which it is affixed, to determine if you won a Food Prize (see Rule 6A) or if your Game Stamp is an Instant Win Game Stamp (see Rule 6B below for Instant Win Prize details) or part of a potential Winning Combination (see Rule 6C).
- Instant Win: If a Game Stamp reveals a prize identified in these Official Rules as an Instant Win prize (each an "Instant Win Game Stamp"), then the Participant, when verified, is the winner of that prize.
Collect & Win: If a Participant receives a Game Stamp that reveals a MONOPOLY property (each, a "Collect & Win Game Stamp"), that Participant must collect and combine all of the original Collect & Win Game Stamps of the same property set necessary to form a winning
combination ("Winning Combination"). The property name and stamp number of the Collect & Win Game Stamps that must be collected in order to form a Winning Combination can be found on
individual Collect & Win Game Stamps, on the Game Board and in Rule 6C. If a Participant collects a Winning Combination, such Participant, when verified, is the winner of the corresponding prize. Sponsor will not honor and is
not responsible for Game Stamp combinations that are incomplete or include copies of any Game Stamps.
- Note: A Participant's Collect & Win Game Stamps will be tracked if the Online Code on a Collect & Win Game Stamp is submitted at the Official Website for an Online Sweepstakes Entry. "My Property Tracker" will show the properties and railroads a Participant collects and that information will be available in the Participant's My Account (see Rule 5C ). Participants can also keep track of the Game Stamps they collect with a 2016 MONEY MONOPOLY Game at McDonald's Game Board, available for download at PlayatMcD.com. A Game Board is not necessary to play the Game.
HOW TO ENTER ONLINE SWEEPSTAKES.
To participate in the Online Sweepstakes, an individual who is a resident of the Territory and who is thirteen (13) years of age or older with Internet
access, a valid email address and a valid Online Code must first complete the online registration ("Online Registration"). (Each Collect & Win Game Stamp and Food Prize Game Stamp contains an Online Code that is valid for an Online Sweepstakes Entry at the Official Website.) NOTE: Instant Win Game Stamps for cash prizes do not include an Online Code; they include an 11-digit redemption code that can only be used to redeem that
prize either at the Online Redemption Site (see Rule 3), or as otherwise indicated on the Game Stamp.
- Online Registration Security: Once registered, simply enter your email address and the password you selected during Online Registration each time you return to the Official Website with a valid Online Code to receive one (1) Online Sweepstakes Entry (subject to your daily limit). Participants are solely responsible for the security of their email address and password and should take precautions to keep the password private to prevent unauthorized use. Neither Sponsor nor any of the Game Entities (see Rule 10) will be responsible for any losses, damages or consequences a Participant may suffer due to careless or unauthorized use of a password. An account section ("My Account") will be created for each Participant in the Online Sweepstakes, which will contain information about a Participant's Online Entries, for example, the Online Codes that the Participant has played. A registered Participant can access their My Account (until approximately May 16, 2016) by clicking on the "SIGN IN" link on the Official Website landing page and inputting their email address and password. While reasonable efforts will be made to record, maintain and keep current the information in a Participant's My Account, due to technical or other errors or failures, the information may not always be current and accurate and neither Sponsor nor any of the Game Entities will assume responsibility or liability for any such information.
Online Sweepstakes Registration/Entry/Prize Limits: Registration: There is a limit of one (1) Online Registration per Participant. Any Participant who attempts to secure more than one (1)
Online Registration by using different names, addresses, email addresses or mobile phone numbers, or who uses any device or artifice to circumvent these
Official Rules will be disqualified and ALL of their Online Entries will be forfeited. Entry: There is a limit of ten (10) Entries per
Participant per Day. Prize: There is a limit of one (1) $50,000 prize per Participant.
- Note: If a power loss or a computer-related interruption occurs while a Participant is logged in and after an Online Code has been entered, it is possible that the Online Code may not be lost. When power is restored or the interruption corrected, check your My Account to determine whether the Online Code has already been entered. If the Online Code is not in your My Account, you may re-enter it to receive a new Online Sweepstakes Entry. Sponsor is not responsible for any Online Codes that may be lost due to power loss or computer-related interruption of an Online Entry.
- Online Sweepstakes Entry Periods (each, an "Entry Period"): There are five (5) Entry Periods as follows: 3/29 to 4/4; 4/5 to 4/11; 4/12 to 4/18; 4/19 to 4/25 and 3/29 to 5/9/16 (each Entry Period starts at 12:00:00 a.m. ET and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET). The date of Entry of a valid Online Code will determine the Entry Period into which you receive one (1) Online Sweepstakes Entry for the chance to win fifty thousand dollars ($50,000). Each Online Sweepstakes Entry is valid for one (1) Entry for the Entry Period entered based on Day and time of Entry, and for one (1) Entry into the final Entry Period. A total of all of a Participant's Online Sweepstakes Entries for each Entry Period can be found in the Participant's My Account. Note: Keep your Game Stamps, as potential winners may be required to submit the original Game Stamp with their Instant Win and Collect & Win Prize Claim Documents.
- Online Sweepstakes Drawings: The potential winner(s) for each Entry Period will be selected in a random prize drawing, conducted by an independent organization selected by Sponsor, from among all eligible entries received for each Entry Period on or about the first Wednesday following the end of the Entry Period (e.g., the drawing for the 3/29 to 4/4 Entry Period will occur on 4/6/16). The potential winner(s) will be contacted by telephone and/or email and/or a traceable method of mail within approximately two (2) business Days after the drawing, and they will be required to complete and return all required Prize Claim Documents within three (3) business Days, or said potential winner may be disqualified, forfeit the prize, and an alternate winner may be selected.
The odds of winning a prize in the In-Restaurant Game in the Territory are approximately 1 in 4. Odds based on Game Pieces (each Game Piece has 2 Game
Stamps); mostly Food Prizes.
Potential winning Game Stamps are distributed on a random basis across the universe of Game Stamps. It is planned that approximately 513,591,720 total Game Pieces will be available for distribution in the Territory, including approximately 131,879,647 food prizes ("Food Prizes") (see Rule 6A) and approximately 23,040 Instant Win Prizes (see Rule 6B) available at the
onset of the Game. The odds of winning a Collect & Win Prize (see Rule 6C) are based upon obtaining the complete Winning Combination. The number of Game Pieces and prizes available at the beginning of the Game will decrease as the Game is played, Game Pieces are
distributed and prizes are claimed.
- Food Prizes: Approximate retail values ("ARV") for McDonald's Food Prizes are based on Sponsor's average menu board prices in the Territory as of January 2016: Medium Fries, ARV: $1.91, Odds 1 in 10; Quarter Pounder® with Cheese, ARV: $3.94 or Premium Buttermilk Crispy Chicken Sandwich, ARV: $4.69, Odds 1 in 26; McGriddles®, ARV: $2.94, Odds 1 in 18; Small McCafé® Frappé, ARV: $2.53 or Smoothie, ARV: $2.51, Odds 1 in 30; Regular McFlurry®, ARV: $2.66, Odds 1 in 39; The odds of winning a Food Prize are approximately 1 in 3.9.
Instant Win Prizes:
- Twenty-Five Dollars ($25). Eleven Thousand Five Hundred (11,500) prizes are available in the Game. Each winner will receive a check for $25, ARV: $25. The approximate odds of winning this prize are 1 in 44,661.
- Fifty Dollars ($50). Eleven Thousand Five Hundred Forty (11,540) prizes are available in the Game. Each winner will receive a check for $50, ARV: $50. The approximate odds of winning this prize are 1 in 44,506.
Collect & Win Prizes:
- Collect Mediterranean Avenue (#601) and Baltic Avenue (#602) to win a prize of Fifty Dollars ($50) cash. Four Thousand Five Hundred (4,500) prizes are available in the Game. Each winner will receive a check for $50, ARV: $50. The approximate odds of collecting Baltic Avenue are 1 in 11; the approximate odds of collecting Mediterranean Avenue are 1 in 114,132; the approximate odds of collecting the Winning Combination (Mediterranean Avenue and Baltic Avenue) are 1 in 578,543.
- Collect Oriental Avenue (#603), Vermont Avenue (#604) and Connecticut Avenue (#605) to win a prize of One Thousand Dollars ($1,000) cash. Ten (10) prizes are available in the Game. Each winner will receive a check for $1,000, ARV: $1,000. The approximate odds of collecting Oriental Avenue or Connecticut Avenue are 1 in 11; the approximate odds of collecting Vermont Avenue are 1 in 51,359,172; the approximate odds of collecting the Winning Combination (Oriental Avenue, Vermont Avenue and Connecticut Avenue) are 1 in 873,498,405.
- Collect St. Charles Place (#606), States Avenue (#607) and Virginia Avenue (#608) to win a prize of Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000) cash. Ten (10) prizes are available in the Game. Each winner will receive a check for $2,000, ARV: $2,000. The approximate odds of collecting St. Charles Place or States Avenue are 1 in 11; the approximate odds of collecting Virginia Avenue are 1 in 51,359,172; the approximate odds of collecting the Winning Combination (St. Charles Place, States Avenue and Virginia Avenue) are 1 in 873,498,405.
- Collect St. James Place (#609), Tennessee Avenue (#610) and New York Avenue (#611) to win a prize of Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000) cash. Five (5) prizes are available in the Game. Each winner will receive a check for $5,000, ARV: $5,000. The approximate odds of collecting St. James Place or New York Avenue are 1 in 10; the approximate odds of collecting Tennessee Avenue are 1 in 102,718,344; the approximate odds of collecting the Winning Combination (St. James Place, Tennessee Avenue and New York Avenue) are 1 in 513,159,085.
- Collect Kentucky Avenue (#612), Indiana Avenue (#613) and Illinois Avenue (#614) to win a prize of Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000) cash. Five (5) prizes are available in the Game. Each winner will receive a check for $10,000, ARV: $10,000. The approximate odds of collecting Indiana Avenue or Illinois Avenue are 1 in 10; the approximate odds of collecting Kentucky Avenue are 1 in 102,718,344; the approximate odds of collecting the Winning Combination (Kentucky Avenue, Indiana Avenue and Illinois Avenue) are 1 in 513,159,085.
- Collect Atlantic Avenue (#615), Ventnor Avenue (#616) and Marvin Gardens (#617) to win a prize of Twenty-Five Thousand Dollars ($25,000) cash. Five (5) prizes are available in the Game. Each winner will receive a check for $25,000, ARV: $25,000. The approximate odds of collecting Atlantic Avenue or Marvin Gardens are 1 in 10; the approximate odds of collecting Ventnor Avenue are 1 in 102,718,344; the approximate odds of collecting the Winning Combination (Atlantic Avenue, Ventnor Avenue and Marvin Gardens) are 1 in 513,159,085.
- Collect Pacific Avenue (#618), North Carolina Avenue (#619) and Pennsylvania Avenue (#620) to win a prize of Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000) cash. Five (5) prizes are available in the Game. The winner will receive a check for $50,000, ARV: $50,000. The approximate odds of collecting Pacific Avenue or North Carolina Avenue are 1 in 10; the approximate odds of collecting Pennsylvania Avenue are 1 in 102,718,344; the approximate odds of collecting the Winning Combination (Pacific Avenue, North Carolina Avenue and Pennsylvania Avenue) are 1 in 513,159,085.
- Collect Park Place (#621) and Boardwalk (#622) to win a prize of One Million Dollars ($1,000,000)* (*payable $50,000/year for 20 years, without interest). One (1) prize is available in the Game. The winner will receive a check for $50,000 each year for twenty (20) years, without interest, ARV: $1,000,000*. The approximate odds of collecting Park Place are 1 in 11; the approximate odds of collecting Boardwalk are 1 in 513,591,720; the approximate odds of collecting the Winning Combination (Park Place and Boardwalk) are 1 in 513,591,720.
- Collect Reading Railroad (#623), Pennsylvania Railroad (#624), B&O Railroad (#625) and Short Line (#626) to win Five Hundred Dollars ($500) cash. Two Hundred (200) prizes are available in the Game. Each winner will receive a check for $500, ARV: $500. The approximate odds of collecting Reading Railroad, Pennsylvania Railroad or B&O Railroad are 1 in 11; the approximate odds of collecting Short Line are 1 in 2,567,959; the approximate odds of collecting the Winning Combination (Reading Railroad, Pennsylvania Railroad, B&O Railroad and Short Line) are 1 in 108,373,363.
- Online Sweepstakes Prizes/Odds/Details: Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000) Cash. Five (5) prizes are available in the Sweepstakes, one (1) prize available each Entry Period. The verified winner will receive a check for fifty thousand dollars ($50,000), ARV: $50,000. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable Entry Period.
PRIZE CLAIM DETAILS/REQUIREMENTS.
- Prize Claim Deadlines: Food Prizes must be claimed at participating McDonald's restaurants in the U.S. Territory on or before May 16, 2016. All other prizes in the Game must also be claimed by May 16, 2016. All Prize Claim Documents must be completed in full and returned along with the original Game Stamp(s), for receipt by the Redemption Center no later than May 27, 2016. Receipt after that date will invalidate the prize claim and cause the prize to be forfeited.
- "Prize Claim Documents": Any prize with a value of $600 or more requires the potential winner to complete Prize Claim Documents that will include: an affidavit of eligibility/liability/publicity release (that will require a winner's social security number and that must be notarized), an IRS Form W-9 (for 1099 issuance in January 2017) and any other applicable forms required by tax authorities and by the Sponsor. The submission of Prize Claim Documents for any prize must also include the Game Stamp or Stamp(s) required to win the prize being claimed. Prize Claim Documents (including the Game Stamp(s)) must be received by The Redemption Center by May 27, 2016.
- Prize Claim Limitations: All prize claimants (except Food Prize claimants) must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. There is a limit of one (1) Online Sweepstakes prize per Participant.
- In-Restaurant and Online Sweepstakes Wins Using One Game Stamp: Using an Online Code to enter the Online Sweepstakes makes it possible to potentially win two (2) prizes using the SAME Game Stamp - for example, the SAME Game Stamp could (1) be part of a Winning Combination in the In-Restaurant Game; (2) result in winning an Online Sweepstakes prize if the Online Code used to enter the Online Sweepstakes is randomly selected as a winner. As per these Official Rules, you may be required to submit the original winning Game Stamp(s) to redeem the In-Restaurant Game prize, so you should enter the Online Code in the Online Sweepstakes before redeeming a prize in the In-Restaurant Game. Note: Once a Game Stamp is surrendered, the Online Code on that Game Stamp cannot be returned to the Participant to be used for an Online Sweepstakes Entry. Entering the Online Code from a Game Stamp in the Online Sweepstakes is solely the responsibility of the Participant. Sponsor will not be responsible for the surrender of a Game Stamp when the Online Code on that Game Stamp has not been entered in the Online Sweepstakes.
- Claiming a Food Prize: Sponsor requires a participant to surrender the Game Stamp. Make sure you enter the Code on the Food Prize Game Stamp in the Online Sweepstakes before you surrender the Game Stamp. Food Prizes may be redeemed at any participating McDonald's restaurant in the Territory on or before May 16, 2016, or the date which is twenty-one (21) Days after the In-Restaurant Game officially ends, whichever is later, and may be redeemed only during the hours the menu item is served and only on a future visit. Food Prize Game Stamps are subject to verification at a participating McDonald's restaurant and are not valid in combination with any other offer, discount, coupon or combo meal. Limit one (1) Food Prize per eligible person per McDonald's restaurant visit. For the purposes of redeeming a Food Prize, all visits to the same restaurant within a two-hour period are deemed to constitute a single visit. Food Prize Game Stamps must be presented for redemption before the food order is placed. Participating McDonald's restaurants reserve the right to substitute a menu item of equivalent or greater retail value for the Food Prize specified if it is unavailable for any reason. Note: Once a Game Stamp is surrendered, the Online Code on that Game Stamp cannot be returned to the Participant to be used for an Online Sweepstakes Entry.
- Claiming an In-Restaurant Cash Prize: All cash prizes must be claimed by May 16, 2016. The winner of a cash prize should follow the instructions found on the Game Stamp or, if applicable, in the message available when calling the toll-free number found on the Game Stamp. Cash prizes will be awarded in the form of a check for the amount of the prize, except the $1,000,000 prize will be awarded as a $50,000 check each year for twenty (20) years, without interest. All ARVs and dollar values in these Official Rules are stated in U.S. dollars. To claim the prize, you must begin the prize claim process at the Online Redemption Site (www.iwonatmcd.com). Potential winner must complete the required information including to enter the code found on the Instant Win Game Stamp or on each Collect & Win Game Stamp that comprises a Winning Combination. If the prize has a value under $600: the potential prize winner can complete the claim at the Online Redemption Site and if the codes from the potential winning Game Stamps are verified, the claimant is verified as a winner and a check for the value of the prize will be sent to the address provided in the claim information in approximately 6 to 8 weeks from date of verification. If a Collect & Win prize has a value of $600 or more: the potential winner can begin the prize claim process at the Online Redemption Site, including printing the Prize Claim Documents that must be completed, signed and returned to The Redemption Center for receipt by May 27, 2016. A potential winner who does not wish to claim the prize at the Online Redemption Site (or does not have a printer to print the Prize Claim Documents) must call the toll-free number by May 16, 2016, to receive instructions to claim the prize and the Redemption Center will send the Prize Claim Documents to the potential winner for execution. Based on the value of the prize being claimed, the Prize Claim Documents may include but not be limited to: an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and, where lawful, a Publicity Release, an IRS form W-9 for tax filing purposes (for the year a prize is received), and such other documents as may be determined by Sponsor. All Prize Claim Documents must be completed, signed, notarized and returned to The Redemption Center for receipt by May 27, 2016, along with each original Game Stamp that completes the Winning Combination for the prize being claimed. A verified winner will receive a check for the amount of the prize claimed in approximately 6-8 weeks from date of verification (see Rule 9). If verification results in forfeiture, you will not receive the prize.
- Claiming an Online Sweepstakes Prize: Potential Online Sweepstakes winners of a $50,000 prize will be contacted by the Redemption Center by telephone, overnight delivery and/or email (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) approximately one (1) business day after a drawing. When a potential winner is contacted, that potential winner will have three (3) business days from the date of notification to respond. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe identified during the initial call and/or email, or if the potential winner does not respond within the timeframe specified in the Prize Claim Documents required by the Sponsor to verify a winner, they will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be notified. If a winner is verified, then the Redemption Center will send a check for the amount of the prize via overnight delivery within 6-8 weeks of verification, to the address provided in a winner's Prize Claim Documents. In the event any prize is returned as undeliverable, the winner of that prize will be disqualified and the prize may be awarded to another winner. Sponsor will attempt to notify up to three (3) alternate prize winners for any online Sweepstakes prize.
GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS.
- PRIZES NOT CLAIMED OR THAT ARE FORFEITED WILL NOT BE AWARDED, EXCEPT THE ONLINE SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES WHICH MAY BE AWARDED TO AN ALTERNATE WINNER (Sponsor will attempt to contact up to three (3) alternates): All details and other restrictions of prizes not set forth in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and will be provided to the applicable prize winner upon award of the prize. No interest will be paid on any cash prizes. Prizes will be delivered only to an address in the Territory stated in the Online Registration and/or Prize Claim Documents completed by winner. The verification of any prize valued at $600 or more will require the potential winner to submit their social security number. If Sponsor so elects, a potential prize winner may be required to submit to, and cooperate in, a confidential background check to confirm eligibility, security requirements set by Sponsor to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Game will not bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule, or reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes or the Sponsor as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All income taxes (including, without limitation, federal, state and/or local income taxes) on or connected with any prize, and the reporting consequences thereof, are solely the responsibility of respective winners. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in January 2017, for the tax year (2016) the prize is received. If required by law, Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and remit to the appropriate taxing authorities the amount of any taxes due. Expenses not stated for any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. If a potential winner cannot accept a prize as stated, that prize will be forfeited in its entirety and, if the Online Sweepstakes prize, awarded to an alternate winner (Sponsor will attempt to contact up to three (3) alternates). If a winner is a Minor, the prize will be awarded in the name of, or to, winner's parent/legal guardian, who must execute all documents and agree to all obligations and undertakings of a winner, both on behalf of himself/herself and the winner, or the prize may be forfeited in its entirety.
- Conditions of Prize Claim Submissions: All Prize Claim Documents received after the applicable redemption deadline stated in the Prize Claim Documents shall be deemed VOID and will be ineligible for prizes. Prize Claim Documents that are complete and duly submitted to the Redemption Center within the time stated in the Prize Claim Documents will be verified within six (6) to eight (8) weeks after the Prize Claim Documents are received, or as soon thereafter as reasonably practical, and once verified, each prize winner will be notified by regular mail, telephone or email. If any potential prize winner (or such Minor winner's parent or legal guardian) fails or refuses to properly sign and return all Prize Claim Documents by the redemption deadline, or if the Prize Claim Documents or a prize is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to any potential winner, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and/or otherwise forfeit their prize. If a prize winner makes any false statement in any Prize Claim Document or in the Online Registration, or if it is discovered that a winner has registered for the Online Sweepstakes using more than one (1) email address or Digital Device number, the winner will be required to promptly return to Sponsor upon demand their prize(s) based on the cash value for prizes published in Rule 6. The submission of Prize Claim Documents is solely the responsibility of each Participant. If any potential winner declines a prize, is found to be ineligible, or fails to comply with these Official Rules, such potential winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize and all rights to the prize they otherwise might have received. Please note that overnight shipping companies are unable to deliver to a post office box. As a result, Participants must return their completed Prize Claim Documents using the U.S. Postal Service or, if provided, the Pre-Paid Envelope included in the redemption pack. When sending Prize Claim Documents to the Redemption Center, it is strongly recommended that Participants retain a photocopy of all Prize Claim Documents submitted, and send the submission using Registered, Certified or Express Mail with a receipt of mailing (although proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery).
- VERIFICATION. Winning Game Stamps for McDonald's Food Prizes are subject to verification at participating McDonald's restaurants. All other Prize Claim Documents (including potential winning Game Stamps) are subject to verification at the Redemption Center or Online Redemption Site at www.iwonatmcd.com. PARTICIPANTS SHOULD NOT SHOW OR GIVE ANY OTHER POTENTIAL INSTANT WIN GAME STAMP (EXCEPT FOOD PRIZE GAME STAMPS), OR ANY POTENTIAL WINNING COMBINATION, TO ANY McDONALD'S EMPLOYEE OR FRANCHISEE. Game Stamps are null and void and will be rejected if not obtained through Legitimate Channels. If any part of any Game Piece, Game Stamp, Online Code or redemption code is counterfeited, illegible, mutilated or tampered with in any way; if it contains or reflects printing, typographical, mechanical or other errors or discrepancies; or if it comes from other games or promotions, the Game Piece or Game Stamp, Online Code or any redemption code contained on any of same, as applicable, will be deemed void and the sole responsibility and liability for any invalid or irregular Online Code, Game Stamp or Online Sweepstakes Play is replacement with another randomly selected Online Code or Game Stamp while supplies last, or Online Sweepstakes Play, as solely determined by Sponsor. Replacement shall be the sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that the decisions of Sponsor shall be final, binding and conclusive in all matters relating to the Game, including, without limitation, determinations regarding the validity of Game Pieces, Game Stamps, Online Codes, redemption codes and other Prize Claim Documents submitted for verification. Only original Game Stamps with "2016 MONEY MONOPOLY Game at McDonald's" artwork distributed in the Territory will be accepted for verification. Any person attempting to forge Prize Claim Documents or defraud McDonald's or any of the Game Entities (see Rule 10) in any way in connection with this Game may be prosecuted to the fullest extent permitted under the law. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any Participant, the Online Sweepstakes and/or Sweepstakes entry in question will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account for the email address provided at the time of Online Registration. The authorized account holder for an email account shall be the natural person to whom the applicable email address has been assigned by the Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor's sole satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
- GENERAL RELEASE AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. Participants assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay and misdirection of Prize Claim Documents and are advised to obtain insurance where appropriate. Sponsor, Administrator and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, local advertising cooperatives, offers and App developers, digital/advertising/promotion agencies, the Redemption Center and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (individually and collectively are "Game Entities") are not responsible for: (a) incomplete, illegible, misdirected, late, lost, damaged, stolen, non-delivered or postage-due submissions of Prize Claim Documents or Game materials, or any mail whether caused by Participants, wireless carriers, Internet Service Providers ("ISP") or unauthorized human intervention; (b) any damage to a Participant's or other person's computer system or Digital Device which is caused or occasioned by accessing the Official Website or a Game Entities' website or redemption pages, participating in the Online Sweepstakes or claiming an Online Sweepstakes prize; (c) technical difficulties or failures of any kind including, but not limited to lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet, Digital Device or Wireless Service Providers, websites or other connection, availability or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Game; (d) miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, dropped, interrupted, lost, non-delivered or misdirected computer, telephone, Digital Device, email, mobile or cable transmissions or hardware or software or program or programming malfunctions, failures or difficulties of any kind including, but not limited to: malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in transmissions or connections, phone lines, network hardware or software, computers, equipment, programming, errors, cable, satellite, cellular tower or ISP or wireless carriers; (e) any technical malfunctions, failures or difficulties, printing errors, color discrepancies, clerical, typographical or other errors in any Game Pieces, Game Stamps, Online Codes or redemption codes, or printed copy or artwork, any prize offering announcement or any Prize Claim Documents; (f) any errors or failures of any kind, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, interruption of power, digital, mobile or technical in nature, or unauthorized human intervention; (g) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by the App or Official Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with, or utilized in, the Game; or (h) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture or loss of any information. Entries and Prize Claim Documents submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor shall not be responsible to correspond with Participants. By participating in the Game, each Participant hereby releases and agrees to hold the Game Entities harmless from and against any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, property damage, death and bodily injury (whether due to negligence or otherwise), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Game or any Game-related activity, or the receipt, use or misuse of any prize. Participants waive the right to assert as a cost of winning any prize, any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to claim said prize and any liability and publicity which might arise from claiming or seeking to claim said prize. By submitting potential winning Game Stamps and/or Prize Claim Documents, each verified winner hereby agrees and grants Sponsor the right, but not the obligation, to the use of his or her name, voice and likeness, along with his or her address (city and state) and any statements made by or attributed to such winner in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, without notice, review or approval, in perpetuity and throughout the world for advertising, commercial and promotional purposes in connection with the Game and other promotions without further compensation (except where prohibited by law), and releases the Game Entities from any liability with respect thereto.
ONLINE COMPUTER SYSTEM/DIGITAL DEVICE REQUIREMENTS.
Desktop/Laptop System Requirements:
- Windows 7 to 8: Internet Explorer® 10 to 11, Google Chrome™ 43+, Firefox® 38+;
- Windows 8.1 (excluding Windows Store App View) and Windows 10: Internet Explorer 11 only, Google Chrome™ 43+, Firefox® 38+
- Mac OS: 10.9 to 10.11: Firefox® 38+; Safari 7+
The Official Website on a desktop/laptop is optimized for use with a 1024x768 screen resolution. Using a screen resolution lower than 1024x768 may result in a Participant not being able to enter the Sweepstakes.
Digital Device Requirements:
Digital Device capable of displaying HTML and XHTML content is required. The screen resolution must be equal to or greater than 320 pixels wide. If a Participant's phone does not meet these requirements, or they are having a technical issue viewing the site, then they will need to use their desktop computer to participate.
Mobile/Tablet Operating System Requirements:
- Android™ 4.1 to 5.1 (Running Android Browser)
- iOS 8.0 to 9.1 (Running Safari Mobile Browser)
McDonald's App System Requirements:
- Android™ 4.0.3+
- iOS 7.0+ compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Desktop/Laptop System Requirements:
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTIES, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING ANY PRIZE IN CONNECTION WITH THE GAME. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AND THE GAME ENTITIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY.
- Disqualification: It is the Participant's sole responsibility to ensure that they have complied in full with all conditions and requirements contained in these Official Rules. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if they have not complied with these Official Rules, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and the prize forfeited, except that Sponsor will attempt to contact up to three (3) alternates in order to award the Online Sweepstakes prize. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated, third party or other automated or robotic entries, in whole or in part, will be accepted. Entries made by any individual or any entity other than the Participant and/or originating by any other mechanism, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified from this Game. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Game; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Game, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys' fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Force Majeure/Printing and Production Errors: Sponsor reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the Game, in whole or in part, or modify, suspend or extend the Game or Game materials in any way, if it determines in its sole discretion, that a Game Stamp(s), Game materials and/or Prize Claim Documents reflect printing or other errors or if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Game is impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures, malfunctions or errors (including, without limitation, computer viruses or other deleterious programs or materials, glitches or printing or production errors) have destroyed or severely undermined the proper play, integrity and/or feasibility of the Game. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Game as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made health epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor's control, then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Game. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. If, due to printing, digital, computer programming, hardware or software, or production errors or for any reason, more potential winners in any prize category come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize as set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prize(s) in that prize category. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each Participant's sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
- Invalidity: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for ease of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in writing by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. McDonald's restaurant employees or franchisees are not authorized to modify or amend these Official Rules.
- Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations as between Participant and the Game Entities in connection with the Game shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Illinois including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state's or jurisdiction's laws.
- Language Discrepancy: In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the Spanish language version of these Official Rules or of any Game Stamps, Game Pieces, Game materials and/or Prize Claim Documents, the English version shall prevail, govern and control.
- ARBITRATION. By participating in this Game, each Participant agrees that: (1) any claim, dispute or controversy (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) Participant may have against any of the Game Entities arising out of, relating to or connected in any way with the Game, the awarding or redemption of Prizes, or the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by JAMS and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to JAMS's Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures ("Rules and Procedures"); (2) this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act ("FAA"), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16; (3) the arbitration shall be held at a location determined by JAMS pursuant to the Rules and Procedures (provided such location is reasonably convenient for Participant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed by the Participant and Sponsor; (4) the arbitrator's decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the Participant may have entered into in connection with the Game; (5) the arbitrator shall apply Illinois law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (6) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis as Participant and Sponsor hereby waive the right to assert claims in any class or representative action; arbitration can thus decide only the Participant's and/or Sponsor's individual claims; the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; (7) in the event that the administrative fees, arbitrator fees and filing fees associated with the arbitration exceed $250, Sponsor agrees to pay any such administrative, arbitrator and filing fees exceeding $250 on the Participant's behalf, subject to ultimate allocation by the arbitrator. In addition, if the Participant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the Participant's fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive; and (8) with the exception of subpart (6) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Rules and Procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (6) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this Arbitration Provision shall be null and void, and neither Sponsor nor Participant shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Finally, this arbitration provision is reciprocally binding on all parties, such that both Participant and Sponsor are required to arbitrate their claims against one another. For more information on JAMS and/or JAMS Rules and Procedures, Participants may visit the JAMS Website at http://www.jamsadr.com.
- OFFICIAL RULES. These Official Rules will be posted in English and Spanish at participating McDonald's restaurants and online at the Official Website (www.PlayatMcD.com). To receive a copy of the Official Rules, mail a SASE to Redemption Center: 2016 MONEY MONOPOLY Game at McDonald's - Official Rules Request, P.O. Box 1132, Chicago, IL 60690. All requests must be received by May 27, 2016. Vermont residents with a return address located in Vermont may omit return postage. Limit one (1) request per outer envelope.
- WINNERS LIST. For a list of Official Winners whose prize value exceeds $600 ("List"), mail a #10 SASE to Redemption Center: 2016 MONEY MONOPOLY Game at McDonald's Winners List Request, P.O. Box 1132, Chicago, IL 60690. All requests must be postmarked by June 24, 2016, and received by June 30, 2016. Limit one (1) request per outer envelope. OR, you can request the List electronically by emailing your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The List will be available when the Game is officially over and the prizes have been verified and awarded.
2016 MONEY MONOPOLY Game at McDonald's is sponsored by McDonald's USA, LLC, 2111 McDonald's Drive, Oak Brook, IL 60523.
©2016 McDonald's. McDonald's, the Golden Arches logo are trademarks of McDonald's Corporation and its affiliates. All other trademarks, service marks, logos, product or service names are the property of their respective owners. All Rights Reserved. MONOPOLY TM, ® & © 2016 Hasbro. The MONOPOLY name and logo, the distinctive design of the game board, the four corner squares, the MR. MONOPOLY name and character, as well as each of the distinctive elements of the board and playing pieces are trademarks of Hasbro for its property trading game and game equipment. ©1935, 2016 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved. Licensed by Hasbro.